CHRONIC RELAPSE RECOVERY PROGRAM
The Chronic Relapse Recovery Program is designed to assist individuals who have had repeated failed attempts at sobriety despite prior treatment interventions. The goal of treatment is to identify the triggers, cues, and compulsions that activate the relapse dynamic.
The design of our Chronic Recovery Relapse Program is based upon the experience that addicted individuals who have completed an inpatient or outpatient course of treatment, but have not yet:
- Accepted chemical dependency as a fact
- Made a commitment to a program of personal recovery
- Had a period of functional sobriety
- Learned to live drug free despite specific and identifiable unresolved issues
- Developed the necessary skills to manage recovery challenges
- Developed a sober support network
The goal of treatment is freedom from alcohol and all other mood-altering substances. The psychodynamic core of Realization Center’s approach to relapse prevention is to understand the underlying issues (i.e., codependency, ACOA, incest, child abuse, compulsive behavior issues) that contribute to relapse. Realization Center’s treatment and recovery philosophy requires ongoing abstinence as clients learn to manage these issues without returning to self destructive behaviors.