Chemical Dependency Treatment Services in NYC
Overview of Realization Center’s chemical dependence treatment / addictions program and services:
Buprenorphine/Suboxone Maintenance for Opiate Dependency
Chemical Dependency: Men’s and Women’s
Chemical Dependency Dual Diagnosis
Adolescents & Young Adults
Latino Cultural Issues
African American Issues
DWI/ DUI Evaluation and Treatment
Food Addiction/ Eating Disorders
ACOA [Adult Children of Alcoholics]
Major Medical Issues
Treatment for Significant Others
Work Readiness Vocational Group
ACS involved clients
Criminal Justice Involved Clients
Spanish Speaking Groups
Chemical Dependence Summary of Care
We offer treatment for:
* Crystal Meth (Methamphetamines)
* Prescription Drugs
* Designer Drugs
The following will be offered in each of our programs specific to each substance:
* Medical Assessment to determine need for detoxification or appropriate level of care
* Clinical Psychosocial evaluation to identify problems & determine focus of treatment.
* Psychiatric Assessment and medication evaluation
* Medical stabilization under the direction of addictionologists for management of physical withdrawal symptoms
* Clinical support and direction for management of psychosocial withdrawal symptoms.
Clients will learn to:
* Examine the affects of alcohol/substance abuse/food in all aspects of their life.
* Explore common relapse triggers
* Implement a plan of action for behavioral and mental change.
* Strengthen their commitment to a clean & sober and abstinent life style
* Become involved in Community recovery resources
* Improve ability to relate to others
* Strive for openness, self-honesty & insight
* Handle negative feelings in a constructive manner
* Understand the role nutrition plays in the recovery process
* Medication management
Building a foundation for recovery our clients learn to:
* Identify self-defeating drug seeking behaviors & relapse triggers
* Understand the biopsychosocial aspects of addictive disease and barriers that sabotage recovery
* Manage craving cycles
* Utilize 12 step programs and sponsorship
* Develop personal “first 30 days” recovery activity and relapse prevention plan
* Identify the relationship between eating and addiction
Integrating relapse prevention skills with early recovery, clients will:
* Begin to identify core issues that threaten continued sobriety
* Continue development of coping skill for early recovery
* Adjust individualized daily recovery activities and relapse prevention plan.
* Develop long-term strategies to address unresolved issues that block the individual’s ability to experience the rewards associated with recovery.
* Celebrate “rewards” of early recovery.
* Psychiatric appointments as necessary for ongoing medication management.