“Am I an Alcoholic?”
1. Have you ever awakened the morning after some drinking the night before and found that you could not remember part of the evening before?
2. Does your family ever worry or complain about your drinking?
3. Do friends or relatives think you are a normal drinker?
4. Are you always able to stop drinking when you want to?
5. Have you ever attended a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)?
6. Have you gotten into fights when drinking?
7. Has drinking ever created problems with you and your family?
8. Has our family ever gone to anyone for help about your drinking?
9. Have you ever lost friends or relationships because of your drinking?
10. Have you ever gotten into trouble at work because of your drinking?
11. Have you ever lost a job because of drinking?
12. Have you ever neglected your obligations, your family, or your work for 2 or more days in a row because you were drinking?
13. Do you ever drink before noon?
14. Have you ever been told you have liver trouble? Cirrhosis?
15. Have you ever had delirium tremens (DTs), severe shaking, heard voices or seen things that weren’t really there after heavy drinking?
16. Have you ever gone to anyone for help about your drinking?
17. Have you ever been in a hospital because of your drinking?
18. Have you ever been a patient in a psychiatric hospital or on a psychiatric ward of a general hospital where drinking was part of the problem?
19. Have you ever been seen at a psychiatric or mental health clinic, or gone to a doctor, social worker, or clergyman for help with an emotional problem in which drinking has played a part?
20. Have you ever been arrested, ever for a few hours, because of drunk behavior?
21. Have you ever been arrested for drunk driving or driving after drinking?
If you answered ‘Yes” to any of these questions, let us help you find freedom from the bondage of alcohol … from the bondage of the cravings, obsessions and compulsions that rule you and hurt your life.